Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Early Morning at Fish Beach


So I finally got back into my studio and started painting again!

This is a view of a hut (or row of huts) on Fish Beach on Monhegan Island.
It's a composition from a number of photos I took while I was there.
I went down very early morning just after sunrise. The sun is still quite low on the horizon behind the huts. The rising sun was throwing some illumination onto the side of the hut at the left and just a tiny bit of sunlight was reflecting through onto the interior of the hut on the right. (I think that's an old fridge on the porch on the right - these huts are very 'rustic'!)
I guess the huts used to be fishing huts originally.

The rowing boats were in constant use so they were in a different position most days.

(10 x 10 inches)
25.4 x 25.4cm
Oil on Gessobord



No comments:

Post a Comment