Saturday, October 1, 2016

Marmalade in the Sun


One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is marmalade on toast, so we absolutely always have it in the house. The other day the sun shone in through the window and hit the back of my marmalade jar giving the whole jar this sunny glow. I immediately wanted to see if I could capture that glow. So the next sunny day I got to work.

I spent a really long time mixing the colours for this. I wanted to get them exactly right.
You may have noticed from my other paintings that my colours end up being quite vibrant. This is not necessarily a deliberate thing; I'm not looking to produce a really bright, colourful painting but I have a bit of an obsession with not producing 'mud', so I guess that's the way they turn out.
My brush strokes are not as loose as I'd like them to be but I'm working on it.

I'm very proud of this painting. Definitely my favourite so far. I'm not putting this one up for sale just yet as I'm thinking about entering it for a local show, or using it as reference for another painting.
I may sell it at a later date.

(6 x 6 inches)
15 x 15cm
Oil on Gessobord

UPDATE: I will be selling this painting on 'Daily Paintworks' soon. Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment