Friday, January 19, 2018

Lemons in a Decorated Bowl



Daily Painting Challenge - Day 19

One of the things that has been a 'challenge' about this challenge has been being able to photograph the paintings in the right light. Often by the time I have finished the painting, it is 3pm or later and the good light has gone or the light just is bad that day. Yellow is a particularly difficult colour when it come to getting the lighting right.

When this January challenge is over, I'm determined to keep painting every day, but not posting every day. I'm looking forward to
1. Being able to spend more time and give more thought to what I'm doing.
2. Tackling larger works
3. Waiting for a day with good light to photograph things for posting.



 On another note, after I have photographed the painting, to crop it, I usually just upload for simplicity, to google photos. As soon as I hit the 'crop' icon, all these filters appear.
Usually they look awful, but this black and white version caught my eye.

I quite like this painting in black and white.

















(8 x 8 inches)
20 x 20cm approx
Oil on Gessobord  

No comments:

Post a Comment