Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Three Odd Bottle Buddies



Daily Painting Challenge - Day 10... and Featured Artist Spotlight Interview with Daily Paintworks! 

Yesterday, I was thrilled to receive an email from Daily Paintworks - they have asked if I would like to be their next Featured Spotlight Artist! And of course I would love to!

Here's what this means:
  • I get a featured interview that is published on DPW blog and in their daily emails for a week.
  • They run a competition for a week to give away one of my paintings.
  • Any artwork I post gets to be listed at the top of the daily 'What's New' page for a week.
  • My giveaway painting will be featured on the Daily Paintworks facebook page.

Competitors will be eligible to win my painting if they've purchased a painting from Daily Paintworks within the last 30 days - or if they buy one during the week of the competition. 

Here is the interview:
Spotlight Interview


So happy to have been asked to do this. I'm actually going to use this painting I did today for the giveaway. I'm very happy with the composition. I like the tall gangly-looking roses sitting in their little bottles. I had to use a smaller brush than I usually use. As the painting is only 8 x 8 inches there's a lot to fit in! Those rose heads are really tiny!
 

About the three bottles:
  • The green one I picked up for next to nothing at a tag sale. I'm assuming it's a very old bottle as its looks very vintage.
  • The middle bottle is one of those frosted glass bottles that is popular at the moment. The 'frosting' was a bit of a challenge -the rose stem sort of fades away and the frosting kind of diffuses most of the reflected light.
  • The final bottle was from a set of 3 identical bottles I got in the bargain bin at Target. A massive $1 for all 3 (I'm such a big spender). Always good to be on the lookout for this sort of thing (my husband wouldn't agree: "are these bottles multiplying?").

(8 x 8 inches)
20 x 20cm approx
Oil on Gessobord  

No comments:

Post a Comment