Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Pretty in pink


Daily Painting Challenge - Day 3

For this painting I decided to try lighting the vase from slightly behind and to the left, and to simplify things, to stick with one overall colour for the background. You can can't go wrong with aqua as a colour to accompany flowers I think.
In this painting I almost ended up with a few 'lost edges' (term for where the colour of the object and it's background are the same). I like the effect. The vase is almost like a water drop.


I've been taking a look on facebook at some of the work entered by other people so far, for the 'January 31 day #stradaeasel challenge' (same challenge I'm attempting). A lot of people have been painting outside... it's down to -15 degrees Celsius out there! Hat's off to those brave enough to take on the elements but I think I'll stick to painting inside!

(8 x 8 inches)
20 x 20cm approx
Oil on Gessobord

No comments:

Post a Comment