Friday, September 2, 2016

Three Figs...


(6 x 6 inches)
15 x 15cm
Oil on Gessobord

30 Paintings in 30 days Challenge.

First of all I can't believe it has been over four months since I last painted. Long story short, the builders moved in to renovate 2 bathrooms and a bedroom, so the house was in considerable disarray for a while. Then the summer holidays arrived and we have had multitude (very welcome) house guests, so it has been impossible to get back into a groove with painting.

SO. To get my mojo back I have decided to give Leslie Saeta's '30 Paintings in 30 Days' challenge a go which runs September 1st to the end of September.
I'm a little apprehensive since the kids aren't even back at school yet, AND I'm going away this weekend which means I have to paint at least 3 paintings in one day. Hey ho.

Even yesterday I had no idea what I was going to paint - I started this painting at around 9.30 last night! (September 1st). When I set up my equipment I thought I'd forgotten how to paint! But I soon got back into the swing of it.

I have decided not to limit myself to a theme, I'm going to just paint whatever I feel inspired by each day. The idea is not to produce 30 complicated masterpieces, or even really to produce a painting each day, but to just get you into the studio painting every day. So that's what I'm doing.

All my paintings will be posted on my blog and here each day:
30 in 30 challenge


This painting is available.

2 comments:

  1. I was immediately drawn to your subject matter because right now in Spain all the trees are bearing this luscious fruit and they are heavenly delicious. Both your renderings are very good, but the first day's painting of the three simply composed is sublime. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word, Laurelle thank you so much! Such great encouragement. You are absolutely right, simple is usually better. Since I'm going away tomorrow and need something to post for the 30in30 I have just started another fig painting, again, probably with too many figs in it! But started it now so I'll finish it and see what happens. :-)
      Thanks again!

      Delete