Monday, September 12, 2016

Figs in blue




I'm really super happy with this painting. I love that it ended up having this sort of graphic quality about it.
Figs are this strange color that somehow is a combination of black, purple, blue, red and green all at the same time. Also, even though they have a matt surface, they seem to absorb the colors that surround them, and here - they picked up some of the color of this turquoise bowl (or maybe it's just me imagining that!)
I don't think I'm done with this subject matter yet, these things are so cool to paint! However today I will be taking a break from still life. I'm off plein air painting with some friends!
I don't expect to come back with anything post-worthy, so we shall see what today brings.


This is day 12 in the September 2016 '30 paintings in 30 days challenge'.
While on the subject... here are my highs and lows in taking part on this challenge:
Lows: It is exhausting! Trying to fit in a painting a day around everything else that needs to be done every day is the biggest challenge. Also I have put myself under this pressure to post everything I do, whether I like it or not, but I guess that is the whole point of this blog: to record my progress.
Highs: I am learning so much. I can feel myself improving every day and moving towards a point as an artist where I feel I want to be.
After this challenge is over I think I will attempt some larger paintings.


This painting is sold.


(6 x 6 inches)
15 x 15cm
Oil on Gessobord

No comments:

Post a Comment