Friday, September 9, 2016

Me time, tea time

(6 x 6 inches)
15 x 15cm
Oil on Gessobord

I think this will be the last time I paint this set up, with this teapot for now.
I fiddled endlessly with the composition. This teapot is not all that big and in fact most of my mugs and cups are taller than it, so everything I put with it looked a bit odd.
Finally I selected this red mug so that we have a whole red and green theme going on, which I think works.
Next mission... to find some smaller teacups for props.
Not today though. At about 2pm I realised I had to get this painted quickly as the 30 in 30 challenge entry closes in a few hours. So I painted this in about 2 hours which is probably a bit of a record for me!


(Day 9 contribution in the September 2016 '30 paintings in 30 days challenge'. )


This painting is SOLD.







No comments:

Post a Comment