Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Rose


Daily Painting Challenge - Day 1

So it's January 1st 2018.

This year I had fully intended to give myself a challenge: starting February 1st, I was going to try to complete a painting-a-day every day for 30 days.
I tried this once before but only managed around 15 paintings.
THEN someone posted this on facebook - a company called Strada are having a competition to win one of their easels - to paint thirty paintings in JANUARY.
So here I am, starting in January instead.

This is my first painting.

My personal aim with this challenge is:
1. To speed up my painting time
2. To loosen my brushstrokes
3. To not worry so much about composition.
4. To get into a habit of painting every day.
5. To stop procrastinating.

I'm not aiming to complete a gallery quality piece with every painting but I'm hoping to learn something in the process and hopefully knock one or two paintings out of the park along the way.

There is always something to do everyday that stops me from painting, so I had a good studio clearout and have resolved to let the washing-up and housework wait (it's going to be a messy month).

(8 x 8 inches)
20 x 20cm approx
Oil on Gessobord


I added a little tour of my studio to this blog. Check out the tab above or click this link:
STUDIO TOUR




No comments:

Post a Comment