Sunday, January 7, 2018

Refracted Light



Daily Painting Challenge - Day 7

Super happy with this painting. I'm drawn to slightly unusual compositions and I'm also happy with how the colours in the light turned out. This daisy was actually set up on a white cloth and a white background but I exaggerated the colours in the light bouncing off the surfaces. I'm also getting to be a fan of 'lost edges' which are easy to do with glass, because the edges do get lost at certain points.
I really made an effort with this one to simplify the gerbera daisy and instead spent a lot of time focussing on mixing the lights and darks.
I cracked open a new tube of paint that I haven't tried before - Napthol red. It has a peachy tone to it already, but I also added a touch of Cadmium orange. Totally love this colour.

I think this set up might work well for a larger painting which I might attempt at some point. 



(8 x 8 inches)
20 x 20cm approx
Oil on Gessobord  

No comments:

Post a Comment